Tuesday, December 14, 2010

In this beginning...

And so it begins...
Every story has a beginning. But I like to read a magazine from the back. (my mother in law says I'm weird that way) So I'll introduce myself where I am now and fill in the beginnings later.
My name is Marsey. Well, it's really Marcella, a name I adore, but I go by Marsey.
I've been married 3 times. It took me three times to get it right, but boy, oh boy, did I get it right!
Eric and I have two little darlings. They make us crazy. Crazy happy, crazy angry, crazy proud. They complete us and are everything we dreamed and hoped for. We are crazy blessed.
I have four siblings; two brothers, two sisters. They just make me happy.

Anyway, to bring this present, I was recently featured in a new magazine called, 'Where Women Cook'. It was an amazing honor to tell my story and to be put in the company of so many talented and accomplished women. If you haven't seen it yet, you can find it at most book stores, craft stores and a few grocery stores. Anyway, point being, some of these women inspired me to start this blog.

I love to cook. I mean love it. I started watching my mom cook when I was little. Our family watched 'The Frugal Gourmet' every Sunday afternoon. When I was 8, I got my first real lessons in baking. I was lucky to have a mom who let me mess up the kitchen. (thank you Mom!)
Cooking is my creative medium. I have to do it anyway, you know, to feed the family, so I make it fun.
My favorite thing to do is buy an unfamiliar ingredient and try it. I google a few recipes to get ideas, consider what I have on hand, the flavors that might pass the distinguished 4 and 7 year old palates of my little darlings, and charge ahead. Sometimes it works, sometimes, not so much.

On this blog, I will share the food adventures, the 'Challenge Ingredient' dinners with Chip, and the funny mommy stories. (as I write this, I am eavesdropping while my 7 year old daughter tells the neighbor girl about her crushes!)

Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment