Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Saturday Night Fever





Here it is; the summary of my past three days.
Tracking my 5 year old son's fever from 105.5 and back and still cruising at 99 on day four.
I wanted to be prepared with his stats should it turn serious enough to see a doctor.


He never felt sick.  If you asked him how he felt, he enthusiastically said "AWESOME!" and would show you with a fist how he was going to "knock out this germ". 
This morning I asked what he'd like to do and he said, "Well, watch a movie.  That's what we do when we're sick you know."  So we watched a movie.
I did speak with a nurse this morning who verified that we should just continue as we have been and do not need to come to the clinic.


I am extra thankful that the OTC medications and lukewarm baths managed the fever well.
I am thankful for the scanning thermometer that has made it so easy to track his temps, even while he is sleeping.  These things rock.
I am grateful for the wealth of information on the internet so that I was able to make educated decisions about our course of treatment for him.

It's times like this when I am reminded of how big a job motherhood is.  As my kids grow and don't need my constant attention and care; I am glad to be available without the stress of other commitments when they do need me.

2 comments:

  1. Hope he feels better. Both my kids had a fever last week and it turned into the cough that "won't go away". Hope he feels better soon. When he is back to feeling like himself we should get together, Ben keeps asking for a play date.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is so like cameron to shake his fist at the germ, and so like you to handle it all with grace and attention to detail. love you beautiful sister mamma. :)

    ReplyDelete